There are 70 million blogs on WordPress and even more on the world wide web. It sure is competitive out there, and if you want your blog to do well, you need to make it professional both in web design and content.
Anyone can start a blog and create posts. But creating a professional blog which is thriving too, is a bit hard. It is not impossible, but you do need to put extra effort into it.
A blog is a:
- The creative outlet for tons of people
- An opportunity to get more traffic to their website for a business (97% more links), and
- A channel to show their talent as a writer and create a portfolio for others.
Whatever reasons you have for starting a blog, keep in mind that it needs to be professional. It should have fresh content and must be relevant to people; it won’t fetch the numbers that you expect it from.
There might be small issues in your blog that can make it look unprofessional.
These things matter, and for an existence blogger or a new one, finding these flaws and fixing it is crucial. In this article, we will talk about ways to make your blog professional and successful.
You can see from these tips what you are doing wrong, and how you can fix it.
Make sure you have the right theme
Whether you are using WordPress or BlogSpot or SquareSpace, work on your theme. Finding the perfect design for your blog is the first step in creating a professional blog.
You must have an idea in your head, how you want your blog to look like? Right, using that image, browse the themes in the WordPress library for a while. Look at all the themes and use the one representing your blog idea, personality, and vision.
You can also look on the web for themes for your blog. There are free themes as well as low-cost themes that you can choose from. Don’t rush into this decision as the layout needs to be compelling.
Work on a specific idea
Remember that no idea will ever be unique. But your distant voice, your experience, and your thought process can make the blog unique. Use that to create a unique blog, even though the topic is not. For that, make a list of all the ideas that you have in your mind. Go through them, look at the ideas, and figure out which one makes you the most excited. There might be an idea or topic which makes you passionate and pushes you to learn more.
Also, figure out if there are people who want to read about it too, and if they do, what they want to read? Answers to all these questions will help you come up with a blog topic. A professional blog focuses on one niche and tone instead of writing about everything.
Ensure that your site’s loading speed is fast
To grow your blog, you want people to spend time on it, exploring everything that the blog offers. It won’t happen unless the loading speed of your blog is fast. All professional blogs pages load within seconds, and you need to do the same.
There are a few ways to ensure that:
- Work with a web-hosting service that provides services in case your speed decreases. Many web hosting providers don’t do that, and you don’t want to work with them.
- Make sure whatever image or multimedia you put in your blog is not too bulky.
- Use Canva to design your image and its size so that it is of high quality, but small in size. Too many heavy multimedia options can slow down your website.
Work on your title
Most of the time, anyone clicks on a blog post based on the title. They see the title first, and if it appeals to them and they click on it. So, make sure that you spend at least 40% of your writing time deciding on the title. Include keywords in it, and make it short but something that will encourage readers to click on the link.
Work on your visuals
A great professional blog uses more than text to support their opinion or message. They use images, videos, PowerPoint slides, infographics, or embed tweets, and so on. Using multimedia can help improve the readability of your blog. Also, when you use relevant images, your blog becomes more appealing to people.
Canva can also help you in creating original images, or in finding relevant images from its library.
Work on your content
Don’t find something to write, ensure:
- It is original, has facts and figures. Also, make it a bit humorous if you can.
- Format it well. It means using sub-headlines, bullet points, leaving white space between paragraphs, writing small paragraphs, and so on.
- Always check for spelling or grammatical errors using the Hemmingway app or Grammarly.
Why is having a blog important?
An e-commerce or pharmacy business might think, why do they need a blog? Even an individual who loves writing might think that? So, here is your answer:
- If you are an introvert, writing blogs can help you. It helps you form a structured thought and get your opinion out in the open. It can aid you in making friends and connections.
- A blog gives you a platform to highlight your writing capabilities if you want to become a writer. It is like your portfolio where people can see your published work, and hire you for more. Without a writing sample, you cannot achieve success as a writer, and blogs can help you with that.
- For a business, blogs can help bring in more traffic as websites with a blog see an increase in indexed pages by 436%.
- As a business owner, you want a deep connection with your customers. It aids in better service and more revenue. A blog is a medium that can help you with the same.
There are more reasons why you should have a blog. But for now, these are enough. If you have something to say, and you know you can write, don’t waste a moment anymore. Use these tips to start making your blog professional now.
Leave a Reply