Technology is at its peak, with it bringing in more and more advancements to business processes in today’s day and age. This is a great advantage for businesses to make use of as it means more opportunities for advertising and marketing. Gone are the days when businesses were limited only to what was identified as the traditional means of marketing.
The onset of more technological advancements means that businesses now have a wider reach and higher opportunity for success through the various medium for advertising.
But, just because the technology is there, it doesn’t mean that success is already guaranteed. You still have to do all that you can to ensure that you’re applying the best practices in advertising for your business to achieve your intended goals. Whether you’re doing this by yourself, or with the help of digital agencies in your locality, such as Preston or wherever you’re coming from, you’ve got to take heed of the practices that can guarantee you a higher propensity for success.
With that in mind, this article explores some of the best practices that you can also apply for your business to bring forth advertising success.
Make Creative Ads
There’s nothing that can grab the attention of your target market more than creative ads will. So, as much as possible, do make sure that all of your ads are creative and unique.
For instance, you’re a vegetarian brand and you want to appeal to your target audience comprised of vegetarians themselves. Your ad copy should resonate and appeal to them, like using images of vegetables roasted on a grill.
Don’t limit yourself to just one ad copy. You can also come up with two creative ones, each with the same text and concept, but different creative facets. That way, you’re able to keep the interest of your audience towards your ads.
That said, here are other useful tips and tricks on how you can come up with creative ad copies:
- Join weekly hashtag themes on your social media ads. There are weekly hashtag themes on social media that’ll test your creativity but also come with a high engagement. These include #ThrowbackThursday and #FlashbackFriday, among others.
- Commission a mural. Despite the coming in of more and more advancements in digital marketing, this doesn’t mean that traditional marketing should already be put aside. Apart from the usual flyers and print ads, there’s one very creative ad that has a wide reach and grasps your audience’s attention well but doesn’t have so much competition: murals.
When you commission a mural, you’re able to come up with creative ads as these are unique only to the imagination or vision that the artist has for your brand.
- Go for unusual sponsorships. Look around your locality. Is there any area in which you can put your ads, that aren’t yet saturated or commonly used by competitors? Apart from murals, these would include ads on the train and other public vehicles, or even on bicycle rentals.
These may be unusual, but the reach is just as wide, given the number of people that actually go on public transportation throughout the entire day.
Determine Your Target Audience
No matter how well-made your ads are, if these don’t reach or resonate well with your target audience, then you’re wasting your time on ineffective ads after all. It’s the number one breaker of advertising success when you find that your ads don’t even match the audience that you’re targeting.
If you need help with this, here’s how you can determine your target audience to ensure that your ads sit well with this audience that you’ve intended for your brand’s niche:
- Determine the problems that your products and services intend on solving so that you can focus on the audience that you can identify to be benefited the most by your products and services.
- Study who your direct competitors are within your niche so you can also study their audience and customers to have a better understanding on how you can capture the attention of the same customer group.
- Conduct user surveys regularly so you can have more insights on who your current customers are, and whether or not they’re avid supporters of your brand.
Embracing retargeting means giving attention to those customers who’ve left your brand, or your website without even converting. They’ve only just lingered on your website or gone through your offers, but not end up as a paying customer.
Typically, if you know how to use your website’s analytics to your advantage, you can have insights on this. You can find out demographics and information, for instance, about these customers that have left your site. This information is something that you can use so you can retarget your ad and reach out to those would-be customers that only needed a little bit more push to make that purchase.
With retargeting, you can enjoy a higher likelihood of increased advertising success, for the very reason that it won’t take that much for you to make a sale through your ads with retargeting than with those customers that you still have to drive in towards your site.
Go Back To Traditional Advertising Strategies
Another common mistake that’s made by many advertisers today is that the focus is centred mainly on digital advertising. While it’s popular today, do note that digital advertising isn’t the only way to market or advertise at the moment. You can go back to traditional advertising as this also had a wide audience reach.
Think newspapers, magazines, and billboards. There are still many individuals today who go through newspapers and magazines every day, even if these have to be through online copies. But, the advertising strategies for both physical and digital newspapers and magazines are alike.
To be successful with this means of advertising, remember the following rules:
- Take it easy on the text as most will only scan through your ads and focus on the graphics.
- Use powerful headlines.
- Keep your graphics of high quality.
Not all ad campaigns are going to cost a lot of money. But, in the pursuit of coming up with the best ads, this can also often mean having to shell out business resources. Remember, however, that one of the main determinants of advertising campaigns is how one single campaign was able to drive in more sales within specified periods. Therefore, you’ve got to take it easy on the spending.
Budget your money wisely so you aren’t spending unnecessarily. Otherwise, if your ads turn out to be ineffective, then you’ve already lost so much to an ad campaign you didn’t even put much thought into.
When you’re more cautious about your spending for your ads, this allows you more leeway to have extra cash to come up with other, better ad campaigns.
With the tips above, are you now ready to take your business to greater heights with advertising success? As you can see, it’s not at all that difficult, as long as you know the right practices to apply for the kind of business that you have.
Not every advertising tip out there works for all kinds of businesses as there’s never that one-size-fits-all approach to success. As you give each method a try, ensure that you also study your analytics. In doing so, you can also make that more accurate ascertainment that all of the advertising strategies you apply will all be geared towards advertising success.